Vehicle Code 23152 identifies situations in which you may be charged with DUI/DWI, including:
- Driving with a 0.08 percent or more blood alcohol level (BAC)
- Driving under the influence of any drug, including over the counter or prescription medications
- Driving under the combined influence of any alcohol and drug
- 0.04 percent or more blood alcohol level when driving a commercial vehicle
- As of July 1, 2018, it will be unlawful for a person to have a 0.04 percent or more blood alcohol level to drive a passenger for hire
While the situations in which one may be charged with DUI seem relatively straightforward, there are many nuances and exceptions to these rules and there are further rules that dictate the legal processes you must go through after you’ve been charged. For example, you only have 10 days from the date of your arrest to request a hearing from the Department of Motor Vehicles, a crucial step if you want to protect your rights and driving privileges.
Hiring an Experienced DUI Lawyer
San Bernardino DUI defense lawyer John D. Lueck has a complete understanding of California vehicle codes and extensive experience handling DUI/DWI cases. John D. Lueck, Inc has handled over 4,000 criminal defense cases and 7,000 cases total. When you hire us, we will thoroughly evaluate your case and are with you every step of the way. With a focus on communication and individualized service, we can provide you with the personalized defense you need to successfully resolve your case.
You’ll be happy you called Law Offices of John D. Lueck, APC. Call today for a free initial case evaluation.